After Hours at the Zoo

Wild Summer Nights

London is never short of new things to do, but London Zoo has taken it to the next level this summer. For the first time, the zoo is open after-hours for an adults only, no kids allowed! Now you get the chance to see the animals in an all new light.

Starting with the African jungle we made our way threw the Tiger territory and the homes of Giraffes, Zebras and Okapi's (an animal I had neither seen nor heard off I have to admit!). After hours is a totally different experience as the animals are settling down and getting ready for bedtime, so theres a kind of peacefulness that occurs, at least as peaceful it can be with several people taking a 101 pictures.

Moving onto my favourite part, THE PENGUIN BEACH. They're just the cutest, and if you're lucky you might get to see them feed.

This is all just barely scratching the surface considering there is allegedly 175,000 animals. We saw sleeping sloths, tons of meerkats and angry looking lemurs to just name a few. There are always really friendly staff offering information about the animals as well.

Fun Educational Fact: Giraffe's enviable eyelashes are to protect them from the sun!

As The Sun Sets

The best part about London Zoo Lates is that alongside seeing the animals, theres tons of other things to do once you've had your fill. Theres a programme of entertainment covering talks, improv comedy, physical theatre, roving performances, carousel rides and an acoustic stage.

Once our legs had enough we ventured over to the food stalls; after spending about 20 minutes just deciding what to order we grabbed some grub, Indian for me, and sat in cushy chairs watching dancers on stilts and acrobatic performances under twinkling fairy lights.

It was seriously the most fun I've had so far this summer!

Zoo Nights at ZSL London Zoo, every Friday from 2 June to 14 July, between 6pm and 10pm (last entry 9pm).

Grab your tickets here - get em quick, cause they'll go fast!

14 Comments

1. June 11, 2017 / 10:28 am

It looks amazing! What camera do you use, your photos are so lush?xx
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 11:04 am

Aw thanks hun! I used my Nikon with a 55mm lens for the first time, its so good! 🙂 x

2. June 11, 2017 / 10:43 am

Wow this looks absolutely stunning and I love the way it has introduced the late night no kids. The photography is amazing girl! Really enjoyed this blogpost and one day I would love to go to this zoo it looks amazing!
    Megan X http://itsmeganquinn.blogspot.ie

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 11:04 am

Thank you so much! Defo check it out, I think you’ll love it 🙂 x

3. June 11, 2017 / 11:05 am

You took some gorgeous pictures and having a zoo open at night sounds like such a good idea! Penguins are my favourite too, they’re so cute!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 12:05 pm

Thanks hun! It was such a good idea, so much more relaxing and fun x

4. June 11, 2017 / 11:06 am

It’s fantastic that they have decided to do this and let adults go and look about in a whole new way. It would be great to go do that and see all the animals. Your photos are FAB by the way! So stunning.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Thank you Jordanne! I loved the idea and it made the experience so much more special x

5. June 11, 2017 / 11:26 am

Awh wow! This looks amazing! Your photos are absolutely stunning! Think I may have to check this out! xo

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Aw thanks so much, I really appreciate it! x

6. June 11, 2017 / 12:04 pm

YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY IS OUT OF THIS WOLRD! (Sorry that just needed capitals bc omg)
    But this looks so interesting, I love how you can see the animals in the sunset and more relaxed, also the food stall looked so good! Must have been such a perfect evening!
    Kate Xx

• Zohra
      June 11, 2017 / 12:07 pm

YOU’RE THE BEST!! It was definitely the most perfect summer night! xx

7. June 11, 2017 / 4:39 pm

This looks so amazing!! Your pictures have such a lovely warm tone to them aswell, I really hope I can make it to this while these nights are on. Looks like SUCH a cute date night with all the adorable fairy lights! X